Just So You Know

Let me start this by saying if at any time you read a message that compels you to a response, by all means... feel free to continue the learning. You DO NOT have to leave your real name or any name for that matter. When you click "post a comment" or however it reads, you have 3 options. Once on the actual comments page, you'll see prior replies as well. Then there's the 'leave a comment' field. Under that are CAPTCHA and 'choose an identity' (name) options. CAPTCHA is designed to slam SPAM as well as let me know a human is posting vs. a computer generated response. Again, I do not consume beef nor pork so SPAM is not welcomed. Even a photograph of it bothers me. Ok, not really but you get my point and hence you will see the moderation message when you've finalized your post. The identity/name options are as follows:

1) Log-in using (drop down menu for those registered with those services)

2) Nickname and URL - allows you to choose any name and/or link your site to it

3) Anonymous (you can use it but I still have the right to decide if it gets published publicly or not - GOOD FOR ME - YAY!!)

So there ya go. Send me $49.99 if you use these instructions in your own BlogSpot. Cash, cashier's check, money order and Western Union accepted 24/7. :D

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stardom




Man, I was on Actor Laurence Fishburne's website tonight as I am watching him on CSI - Vegas babies. I found this thought from him about stardom so damned fitting to my thought's of the celebrated life of anyone:

"IT'S ONE OF THE CHALLENGES of being a very well known person: You get praise and attention from strangers and it makes you susceptible to believing that you're the greatest thing since sliced fish. But at the beginning and end of the day, you are a human being, a child of God with faults and weaknesses. We live in a society that's obsessed with celebrity. The trap is believing it. You have to practice to remain humble and grounded, to remain human, which is why I do my own grocery shopping. People come up to me in supermarkets and say, "Hey you are like the greatest," and I say "Thanks," and go do my shopping. I don't need to feel like a big deal."

2 comments:

  1. I Totally Agree With This Quote. If I Was A Celeb, I'd Be Like That Unless I Was Like John Lennon (R.I.P.) Famous Cuz Then That's When You Have To Watch Yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nogimmicks, LF does not seem to take any shyt off any one. I am reading people who've met him and he has zero patience it seems when dealing with people invading his space. People just might fear the man. No lie.

    Thank you for coming by and I'm glad you found something that interested you enough to post. Please stop in again when something provokes your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Criticism, Feedback and/or Suggestions Always Welcomed!! Anonymous posts are moderated and reviewed for allowed public content guidelines.