Just So You Know

Let me start this by saying if at any time you read a message that compels you to a response, by all means... feel free to continue the learning. You DO NOT have to leave your real name or any name for that matter. When you click "post a comment" or however it reads, you have 3 options. Once on the actual comments page, you'll see prior replies as well. Then there's the 'leave a comment' field. Under that are CAPTCHA and 'choose an identity' (name) options. CAPTCHA is designed to slam SPAM as well as let me know a human is posting vs. a computer generated response. Again, I do not consume beef nor pork so SPAM is not welcomed. Even a photograph of it bothers me. Ok, not really but you get my point and hence you will see the moderation message when you've finalized your post. The identity/name options are as follows:

1) Log-in using (drop down menu for those registered with those services)

2) Nickname and URL - allows you to choose any name and/or link your site to it

3) Anonymous (you can use it but I still have the right to decide if it gets published publicly or not - GOOD FOR ME - YAY!!)

So there ya go. Send me $49.99 if you use these instructions in your own BlogSpot. Cash, cashier's check, money order and Western Union accepted 24/7. :D

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays... REALLY!!

While in the ER waiting room the other night, I had a chance to see why Seth McFarlene has lost me for life. I was a semi huge supporter of Family Guy until it got very annoying. There's another show that annoys me if only for a few seconds - American Dad?!?!? HUH?? The piece I got while ER people muddled about seeking relief from... was the Christmas episode where the "Dad" is seeking Christmas spirit. Skipping the chase and getting to the scene of what bothered me so to post, here I go. He pushes a GUN into the kid cashier's face after not getting the "Merry Christmas" response back from his "Merry Christmas" departing gesture after his store purchase. There were other things prior to this that made me despise the show but this topped it off. The show seemed to deal with offending people's belief's, religious or otherwise, in terms of those commencing from November forward to oh January. So back to the scene, security tosses "Dad" out into the snow and you hear him say "I had a gun". The gun is flung out to him now wrapped in holiday paper with bow and gleeful "Merry Christmas" is heard, seemingly from the kid cashier. I was mortified as there were a heap of children in this waiting area. I can't imagine how the wreckage of the Christmas spirit via this show will affect those lil kids while trying to heal from whatever they were in the hospital's ER for in the first place.

I mean, someone could have changed the channel (or had it changed) if they found it offensive but no one did. And as I popped in and out of the area, it made realize that our chick value has really been diminished to levels so low, it's unmeasurable I guess. Are we not appalled that the holiday spirit is so abusive and bloody even in animation?!?! (smh) At any rate, the whole idea of trying not to offend not only stops with programs of this nature but the actual concept of the show - for bad or worse. The term 'Happy Holidays' has become more acceptable because from November to January, there are a few celebrated holidays. The term seems to blanket all of them without offending a Jewish, a Christian, a African and all other people. I am happy that there is a medium that can compliment all despite me not knowing or even caring how this show ended.

So from my Blog SPOT to YOURS... I am ever blessed to have you here as a reader and/or as a thought provider. Hence, the reason for "added thought(s)" when you reply to my............... It is my sincere hope that 2008 and all it's intricacies will leave you in a better and blessed position in 2009. I look forward to seeing you in the New Year... REALLY!! (SMILES)

(always a) Lady Di

1 comment:

  1. merry christmas to u too lady di,and its a pleasure stopping by here

    ReplyDelete

Criticism, Feedback and/or Suggestions Always Welcomed!! Anonymous posts are moderated and reviewed for allowed public content guidelines.