Just So You Know

Let me start this by saying if at any time you read a message that compels you to a response, by all means... feel free to continue the learning. You DO NOT have to leave your real name or any name for that matter. When you click "post a comment" or however it reads, you have 3 options. Once on the actual comments page, you'll see prior replies as well. Then there's the 'leave a comment' field. Under that are CAPTCHA and 'choose an identity' (name) options. CAPTCHA is designed to slam SPAM as well as let me know a human is posting vs. a computer generated response. Again, I do not consume beef nor pork so SPAM is not welcomed. Even a photograph of it bothers me. Ok, not really but you get my point and hence you will see the moderation message when you've finalized your post. The identity/name options are as follows:

1) Log-in using (drop down menu for those registered with those services)

2) Nickname and URL - allows you to choose any name and/or link your site to it

3) Anonymous (you can use it but I still have the right to decide if it gets published publicly or not - GOOD FOR ME - YAY!!)

So there ya go. Send me $49.99 if you use these instructions in your own BlogSpot. Cash, cashier's check, money order and Western Union accepted 24/7. :D

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Almost hit a kid today

I was looking at the kid and a SUV when the kid went in my blind spot. Next thing I kow he is inches from my headlights. He's fine as he backed up and I slammed on brakes - simultaneously. I am not sure if the people in the car where his parents or not but only the man stopped. The female just looked up and kept getting in the car. The man turned around, said something and then he got in the car. Kid in the meantime (while I'm parking) goes in the office where I'm headed. So I get out of car and apologize to the people who don't seem to speak English. I guess "I'm sorry" translates the same in whatever their language was because he wa smiling. The female looked mad but she was this way prior to me even nearng the kid incident.

So I am walking to my destination and kids is re-entering where I am to go as well. He is coming out almost as quick and I try apologizing and he smiles and runs off. I take care of my business and head towards my car. Guess what? Kid is in the car with the people I made my apology with. I'm still shook because it bothered me but never seemed to bother them. Kid is ok, so maybe I should be ok with it too.

Someone please tell me the word for those who have a fear of leaving the house. I need to see if I if the definition of how I'm starting to feel.

3 comments:

  1. it depends on why you would be afraid of leaving the house. if you are scared of big spaces, that would be 'agoraphobic'... if it was because of the people it would be 'sociophobic'... but i am sure there are other phobias as well that would keep you from leaving the house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that would be "agoraphobia", but I suspect what you may well be suffering from at the moment Di is LIFE. I don't know details as that is your business, but I have lived long enough to recognise signs.
    So much going on for you at the moment ? personal and professional ? Been doing a lot of profound thinking ?
    Any of the above is enough to put you where you appear to be at the moment.
    Tell me to mind my own business if you like, that's fine, and I will ....but if there is anything I may be able to help you with, you just let me know.
    You do so much for others, it's about time you had a "hug"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, what's it called when you panic about everything? (laughs) That kid had me trembling for a long time I know that.

    Yep, kayoz - germaphobia, peoplephobia, lifephobia, agephobia... and some more crazy ones that I'l mkae up as I go along.

    Geenie - age, coupled with boredom, restlessness, recklessness, and goodness knows what else. I need to stop profound thinking... it hurts the hair shafts. AHAHAHAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete

Criticism, Feedback and/or Suggestions Always Welcomed!! Anonymous posts are moderated and reviewed for allowed public content guidelines.